Our VW Golf trailer hitch by EcoHitch™ fits the 2015-2017 models. This VW Golf trailer hitch features our Hidden Design which means only the receiver is visible– no large, bulky metal hitch hanging down low under your Golf. This Volkswagen Golf tow hitch is rated at 300 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball and 2,000 pounds towing.**
2015 Golf TDI trailer hitch
2016 Golf TDI trailer hitch
2017 Golf TDI trailer hitch
2015 – 2017 VW Golf, Golf TDI, Golf GTI trailer hitch:
- Completely concealed design - only receiver is visible
- 100 percent bolt-on installation - no drilling required
- Engineered to meet stringent national SAE J684 towing safety standards
- Rated for 300 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball, 2,000 pounds towing weight**
- Available in 2-inch receiver and 1 ¼”-inch receiver
- Does not interfere with auto-latching and unlatching hatches on vehicles that include this feature
- No knee banging or shin busting here – design does not protrude excessively so you can spend less on bandages
- Avoid clearance issues – no matter where you go this trailer hitch is designed to avoid scraping and contact with the ground
- No movement at stop and go – bolted securely to your vehicle frame
- Designed to complement the aerodynamic contours and underbody airflow of vehicle
- Avoid overhead lifting common with roof racks and maintain your vehicle’s aerodynamic design by avoiding roof-mounted racks
- Coated with high impact powder coat for durability
- Material can include a qualified combination of aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel or steel*
- Made with 100% recycled and recyclable materials
- Free shipping to lower 48 states
- Made in U.S.A
- Legendary Lifetime Warranty
Trailer Hitch Style
Our EcoHitch™ line comes in three styles: Stealth, Hidden and Invisi. The VW Golf trailer hitch features our Hidden Design. All EcoHitch™ models are precision manufactured to have hidden cross tubes when installed. The only part of this hidden hitch that is ever visible is the receiver when in use and it has a higher level of ground clearance than other hitches available. What it boils down to? No jumbo metal hitch hanging down low behind and below your rear bumper.
Hitch Receiver Size
This VW Golf trailer hitch is made to accommodate your bike rack, cargo trays and hauling needs. It features a 2 inch receiver opening which is the most common size for all your carrying needs. However, we also have it available in the less common 1 ¼-inch option as well.
It was designed with simplicity in mind. It features a 100 percent bolt on installation which means you don’t drill into your frame at all – we use existing mounting locations that work with the design of your Golf. This leads us to another reason you want this hitch – it does not interrupt the aerodynamics of your vehicle’s design because it is tucked behind your bumper and prevents you from having to mount your bikes and other cargo on your roof.
EcoHitch™ trailer hitch strength
This Volkswagen Golf hitch is rated at 300 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball and 2,000 pounds towing weight.** It is coated in high impact powder coat featuring our Chasm Black finish. The powder coating process for our EcoHitch™ is time intensive and includes sand blasting which is something other manufacturers fail to do. All our hitches are sand blasted to ensure the metal is clean and ensures the strongest bond between the metal and the powder coating to allow for long lasting durability. The material used in this VW Golf trailer hitch can include a combination of up to three 100% recycled and recyclable materials including aerospace grade aluminum, stainless steel and steel.
American Made with a REAL Warranty
This VW Golf trailer hitch is proudly made in America and backed by our Legendary Lifetime Warranty. We do not mess around with this warranty. When you call us you get an actual person who is knowledgeable about the product and can walk you through an installation if you choose to install this hitch yourself.